For those who are not familiar with it, Eurovision is a song contest in Europe in which the participants are from the countries that are part of the European Union.
The festival started in 1956 and the founders were Spain, France, Germany, Italy and the UK. This contest has three important stages: the first semi-final, when the countries that are not considered founders fight for a place in the final; the second semi-final, which is the same as the first one; and the grand final, when there will be a winner for the best song in Europe.
Out of all the songs that have passed this year, our top 10 favourites are the following:
- Portugal: Salvador Sobral – Amar Pelos Dois
Our favourite. This song is pure magic.
- Switzerland: Timebelle – Apollo
- United Kingdom: Lucie Jones – Never Give Up On You
- Austria: Nathan Trent – Running On Air
- Australia: Isaiah – Don’t Come Easy
- Belgium: Blanche – City Lights
- Spain: Manel Navarro – Do It For Your Lover
- The Netherlands: OG3NE – Lights And Shadows
- France: Alma – Requiem
- Ireland: Brendan Murray – Dying To Try